This region was economically depressed, and facing a significant double whammy with the planned closing of a DOE facility that for generations was the region’s largest employer. It hired Ady Advantage to help it develop a plan to diversify its economy.
Major Considerations / Project Essentials Include:
- Target industry analysis
- Positioning and branding
- Regional economic development website
- Business recruitment strategies and collateral
- All of the above completed within six month period
Opportunity Fund results for 2014:
- 12 projects
- 342 jobs created and 31 jobs retained
- $31 million in investment
Examples of relocations and expansions during 2014:
- Southland International Truck Center, created 50 jobs, retained 14 jobs, invested $12 million, new 100,000 sf facility.
- Rural King created 160 jobs with the opening of a 930,000 sf warehouse and distribution center.
- Mako Finished Products is adding value to local company OSCO Industries, a gray iron foundry. Mako is the first new manufacturing company to open in Scioto County in ten years.