We are proud to honor Janet’s dad, Bob Ady, whom she describes as “the best mentor, friend, business partner, co-conspirator – and father – you could ask for.”
Over the past several years, the Ady family, in conjunction with the Mid-America Economic Development Council, each year have provided up to 12 scholarships. Scholarships for 2016 include registration for the 2016 Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum to be held December 4-6 in Chicago, Illinois.
Congratulations to the 2016 scholarship winners:
• AbbyAttoun, Director of Community Development, City of Middleton, Wisconsin
• ChrisCastle, Economic Development Assistant, Norwalk Economic Development Corporation
• Mark Dobson, President & CEO, The Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County
• Katie Eaton, Economic Development Manager, Economic Development Corporation Michigan City
• Morgan Franklin, Business Development Officer, Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City
• Matthew Godinez, Executive Director, Chanute Regional Development Authority
• Megan McGown, Vice President of Economic Development and Marketing, North Platte Area Chamber & Development Corporation
• Sean Overeynder, Community Development Director, Twin Cities Development
• Erin Ruth, Director of Planning & Development, Village of Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
• Lauren Sheridan-Simonsen,Assistant Director of Economic Development, City of Neligh
• Christina Stephenson, Economic Development Coordinator, KBJ Economic Development
• Michael Stewart, Managing Director, Grayslake Business Partnership, LLC
When people who knew Bob describe him, they frequently mention his willingness to take the time to engage with any economic developer. He genuinely loved meeting new people and providing whatever expertise he could. He also mentored a generation of site selectors who have gone on to lead their own successful practices.
His influence lives on in many ways, and this scholarship is just one more.