Utility Economic Development Organizations:
The Unsung Heroes in Economic Development
In many ways, utility partners are the unsung heroes in economic development. We can provide training to your region’s economic development professionals; fine-tune your economic development marketing and website; and grow demand through our strategic consulting services.
Representative projects for Utility EDOs:
- Reverse Site Selection: Help determine which industries have the best fit within its service territories, taking into account the likelihood for increased load.
- Industrial Park Feasibility: Conduct a competitive assessment to determine the likelihood of success of a new industrial park.
- EDO Training: Conduct in-person training on topics such as Rural Economic Development, Marketing to Site Selectors, Creating Your Region’s Optimal Positioning, and Marketing on the Web.
- Utility ED Marketing: Develop and help implement marketing plans for utilities, taking into account regional and local EDOs, prospective industrial sites served, marketing of ED incentives, etc.
- Utility ED Website Audits: For the utility itself and/or for its EDO partners, provide incisive input into navigation, content, and functionality.
How can we help you? Contact Janet Ady at [email protected] or call 608.663.9218.