Location Advisory Services.
Why Use a Professional Site Selector?
- Choosing a new location for your business is high-risk. A wrong decision can be detrimental or fatal to your company.
- Most companies do not have the team of experts or the available time to do a thorough job in addition to their “day” jobs.
- The site selection and incentives worlds are changing rapidly.
- Making sense of the increasing amount of data available can be overwhelming.
It’s the experience of site selectors that helps weed through the data to find the information, to anticipate flaws before they become fatal, and to help you navigate through the process.
How can your company benefit from our Site Selection Services?
Because the wrong decision can set a company back for a long time, or even threaten its existence, companies that use site selection firms are at a distinct advantage to those who do not.
We Focus on the Key Location Advisory Analytics and Incentives Negotiations.
- Objective setting. Why does your company want to move? What outcomes do you want to see as a result of the move, and how will these be measured? What is your timeframe?
- Initial screening. What parts of the country, states, and/or regions make sense based on initial screening factors? These usually include a mix of operating conditions, operating costs, and quality of life factors. What work has been done already and how can it be used to inform this step?
- Short List Development. Deeper dive into available sites and buildings, utilities, etc. and developing a detailed costing model for comparison. This also looks at intangibles like community fit, political environment, growth support, etc.
- Finalists and Negotiations. Which communities and sites are the best fit with your company’s location objectives? Which sites are the best fit culturally? Which incentives are available and how do these affect one-time and ongoing operating costs?
Why Use Ady Advantage?
- Our site selection team has negotiated over $70 million in financial incentives, leading to over $10 billion in capital investment. We have worked with both North American companies and international businesses looking to expand and/or relocate.
- We offer a fee-based approach to location advisory and incentive negotiation services. Our motivation is always driving the best value for our client, creating a right-sized approach for your incentives package.
- Our extensive network of economic developers provides a strong relationship with local partners that can help with the long term success of your project.
Key Drivers and Trends We’re Seeing.
- Access to talent. This factor drives headquarters and other office projects, R&D /high tech projects, and labor-intensive manufacturing projects; increasingly, it is an important driver for all projects.
- Access to markets. Perhaps you want to enter the US market, or expand within the US market. With foreign policy in play, we are seeing an increased interest in new-shoring and re-shoring projects in the U.S. This factor is obviously a major consideration for transportation and logistics projects, as well as manufacturing projects.
- Access to unique infrastructure. Do you need large amounts of water or wastewater treatment for your operations? A deep water port? Access to raw materials or minerals? Multiple Class I railroad lines? We can help identify and assess potential locations meeting whatever your infrastructure needs may be.
- Access to supply chains. Many manufacturers and support operations are diversifying their customer base, which can result in new OEM prospects. We can help companies identify locations to help leverage these customer relationships.
Charlie Walker, Site Selection Consultant.
Charlie Walker, site selector, brings CEcD, 25 years of economic development experience working with corporations in both metropolitan and rural regions. He leverages relationships with economic development entities and public sector organizations to create innovative economic development solutions that positively impact business growth. Charlie specializes in location strategy, feasibility/incentive analysis, talent access techniques, and economic development strategy. Charlie has assisted notable clients – AAR, Dean Foods, DHL, Emerge Energy, EOG, Leprino and HPE – with solving complex footprint challenges.